logo legally married in Thailand

Documents Required by the Australian embassy in Bangkok:


  • Please note this is for general information only and changes often but was current – on Feb.2019

Statutory declaration and Death/Divorce Certificates

All Australians marrying in Thailand must complete a pro-forma Statutory Declaration. It is a Thai government requirement that this be completed at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Therefore, it can not be done in Australia,  another Embassy, or online). Under the Australian Consular Fees Act a fee of $20 per document is payable for this service***.

If previously married, an original divorce or death certificate must be provided to the Thai authorities to prove that you are no longer married. If required, certified copies of these original documents may be obtained from the Embassy in Bangkok. A fee of $71 per document is payable for this service***.

***Fees: The above fees are payable in Thai Baht cash.

PROCESSING TIME –  an appointment is necessary – Same Day

FEE – $71 per document affidavit, 30 Dollars for divorce verification- (The divorce verification is not needed if we are handling the processing )


Embassy Details

Address: Australian Embassy, Bangkok
181 Wireless Road

Lumphini, Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Fax: 02 344 6310
An appointment is necessary, (and we will make it for you..)

Switchboard: +66 2 344 6300

Telephone: 02 344 6300

If you wish to hire us to assist in your Legal Registration Process please contact us.

We will send a current one later

below is a sample of what the affidavit you need to fill out in the Australian embassy in Bangkok is like. Do not us this format as is a sample only.

It is it here just to show what is needed in the way of details. We do advice you fill it in and we check it over, just to make sure it is acceptable in all ways with the Thai officials, to avoid delays, extra expenses or problems on the day. This can be done before coming by email. As well send a scan or photo of your passport photo page to check details against.

Commonwealth of Australia


Statutory Declaration Act 1959


make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1595:
1. I was born in _______________________________ on _______________________________
2. My father’s full name is _________________________________________________________
and my mother’s full name is _____________________________________________________
3. I am an Australian Citizen and holder of Australian passport number No.__________________
4. I have_______________________________________________________________________
(never validly married , been divorced or been widowed)
and believe there is no legal impediment to my intended marriage.
5. I do / do not have dependents or support other persons.
6. My occupation is ______________________________________________________________
and my annual income is AUS $ __________________________________________________
7. I wish to nominate two referes in Australia : (name & address)
A: _________________________________ B: _________________________________
8. I am eligible to marry to a _________________________________________ citizen and holding
passport / ID. No. ________________________________________________, name as follow:
Miss / Mr. / Mrs. ______________________________________________________________
Date of birth _______________________________________according to Thai law.
( date / month / year )

I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of and offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.

Signature ………………………………………………………..

Declared at: Australian Embassy, Bangkok on

Before me

7,8) ……………………………………………………..


Open chat

My nickname is "Jit", and I am in charge of looking after our legal documentation and marriage registration preparations for couples to make their marriage legal.

If you want to know more about me, personally check me out on "Linked In" or just Google "Somchit Srimoon", which is my full name.