English Chinese (Simplified) French German Italian Russian Spanish

Select your language

  • Home
  • Thai Legal Marriage Requirements

Thai Legal Marriage Requirements


  A couple must be of legal age (17 years) upon filing for marriage registration, otherwise permission must be granted by a court. (Your local Embassy will not issue an affidavit if your not of legal age in your country.)
  Permission from the parents (most amphurs will require their presence) is required for parties under Thai legal age (20 years old).
  Both parties must not be registered as married to anyone else (Multiple marriage registration is prohibited in Thailand).
  The parties must not be direct blood relatives nor be sister or brother through either parent.
  Adopting parents shall not be permitted to marry their own adopted child.
  A widow or divorcee will be permitted to remarry not less than 310 days after the previous marriage has expired, unless she
  • Has given birth to a child. .......or is
  • Remarrying the same person........or is
  • Not pregnant, as certified by doctor. (in case of early remarriage).......or an
  • Approval to remarry from a court is obtained.

No service fee is required whatsoever. (But the couple is expected to pay for copies and such costs about 55 Baht)

Required Documents

Thai Nationals:
  Identification Cards of both parties.
  The House Registration Certificates of both parties.

  If an alien is registering to be married to a Thai citizen or another alien, he or she is required to submit following documents.
  A copy of their passport.
  Be prepared to show original divorce decree, or spouse death certificate if applicable.
   A Letter of Certification in English, issued by an Embassy or Consulate in Thailand , regarding the marital status of the person. The Letter must be translated to Thai , then certified by the relevant Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

(Most consulates require original proof of divorce (not a copy) if you where previously married.)


Marriage registration can be filed at any District Office or Minor District Office nationwide regardless of the birthplace of the couple.

Once the marriage registration is completed, each party will be given a copy of the Marriage Registration Certificate as evidence.

If the marriage registration is filed at the District Office located in female's birthplace (where the name is registered on the House Registration Certificate), the title used with the forename and the last name of the female will be changed by the District Officer. The female is required to file for a new Identification Card within 60 days. A service fee of 10 Baht is required. If the marriage is registered elsewhere, the female is required to contact the local District Office to change her name and last name, as well as filing for a new Identification Card.

If both parties are unable to file for marriage at any District Office of Minor District Office, the couple can submit a request to the Registrar to register their marriage at any location under the supervision of that District Office. The parties filing for marriage are required to provide transportation for the Registrar. A service fee is required by the ministry. **This is not normally available**

  Inquiry Form Here

For the quickest reply and most accurate answers to requirements and possible options please use our easy inquiry form.
We require a 50% deposit by paypal.com or “Western Union.” To reserve a date see our payment page.

Visit in 888bingo information.

  Latest video testimonial

Rob and Nok
USA /Thailand

  Why Use Our Services

As explained by one of our fans...
Thank Bob and Jane